Monday, April 30, 2012

Moving, New Jobs, and More!

Mom hard at work on our bathroom cabinets
This past week was a whirl wind of a week. Two Mondays ago we signed on our new house and all the work began! My sweet Momma and Mother-in-law worked their tails off all the first week painting the whole house, and when I mean the whole house, I mean the WHOLE house. My mother-in-law started that Monday and got Wade and Pyper's rooms painted. Then she tackled their bathroom and hallway, and our master bathroom. Thursday, my Mom and Aunt arrived and they began painting all the bathroom cabinets and baseboards and door facing (THAT is a HARD JOB!) Mean while, we had workers closing in a doorway to make an extra room for an office and guest room, and once that was complete they laid new tile in the entry way. 

Fast forward to this past Wednesday, my Mom and Mother-in-law put the finishing touches of paint on the walls and headed to our old house to help me finish putting things in boxes! The movers were going to be at our house between 1 and 3 on Thursday! Well, Thursday morning rolls around and my mom and I are still frantically working to get all the boxes packed up and ready to move when Brody calls and says the movers will actually be coming at 10 AM! Needless to say, we started running around like chickens with our heads cut off.
Wade, painting like his Grammy and Nonnie!

I loaded Wade up to head to daycare so we could get things done a little faster and without so much extra "help." On our way to daycare my phone rang, it wasn't a number I recognized but I answered anyway, and boy was I glad I did! It was the elementary school that I had hoped and prayed to get a teaching job at, calling to set up an interview with me for the following day! I was thrilled but also VERY overwhelmed. Normally, I would spend the day before an interview combing through my resume making sure it was perfect, putting together folders with my recommendation letters and what things in them, figuring out the perfect professional outfit to wear, and preparing answers to questions that might be asked. However, none of that would be taking place. Instead I would spend the whole day moving and unpacking boxes, trying to remember where I had packed my recommendation letters at, and freaking out because at nearly 9 months pregnant I had nothing professional to wear to a job interview. 


We got all the big furniture moved and set up and Wades room completely unpacked and decorated for him so that he would feel right at home his first night in our new house! Mine and Brody's room was fairly put together that evening and I was dying to start on the nursery so my mom and I stayed up until 2:00 AM getting it all put together!! 
A little look at Wade's room

A little sneak peak at Pyper's bedding and fun basket

Friday morning I woke up and we unpacked a little more. Then Mom and I went shopping to find me something perfect to wear for the interview! We got back home and I rushed around getting ready and preparing and was out the door. After a quick interview I was having mixed a motions, they either liked me or they didn't but I was praying that they did! It wasn't about an hour later that the principal called and offered me the job! I was completely over whelmed by our Lord's blessings and just began to cry after I hung up the phone. The school year isn't even over yet and I had already landed a job for the next year and as a first time teacher at that! I will be teaching first grade and could not be more excited about it. Did I mention Brody started a new job last Monday as well. It's been crazy!

Anywho, after LOTS and LOTS of work over the weekend, we are finally for the most part settled into our new home and pretty much unpacked. There are still a few things to be done like put the newly painted bathroom cabinet doors back on, install all the new bedroom and exterior doors on, and add a few decorative touches here and there. I'm no longer freaking out though that this sweet baby girl will arrive and we will be living in a mess! 

None, of this would have been made possible without our gracious, giving, loving, wonderful parents. They gave up their week and weekend to get us all moved in and unpacked and we could not be more appreciative! We aren't sure how we will repay them yet but they all deserve a gift of thanks! 

We got in just in time too, Pyper started pressing down on my cervix pretty hard and consistently last night and my cervical pain began to increase due to the cerclage pulling, SO at 10 AM in the morning they are removing the cerclage and she could come anytime after that! HOLY COW, it's getting real!! 

Pictures of the house to come soon!  

1 comments:

Sally said...

Whew! Life at your house is rockin'! Congratulations on all the good things happening.