Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Change, Change, Change

WARNING: LONG post, continue you at your own risk.

2012 has definitely been the year of change so far and we are just three months in. I can't even begin to imagine what the rest of the year will hold. As if trying to find a teaching position, searching for a new daycare (our home daycare can't keep both kids so we have to find a new one, I have literally cried and cried over this, wade has been there since he was 4 months old and we LOVE Miss Aaron!) and bringing another child into this family hasn't been enough of an overwhelming change, we have made the decision to move
. Yes, you heard me right, I'm eight months pregnant and we are moving!! Now, if you know me AT ALL, I'm FREAKING OUT!!! I'm a planner, an organizer and a little bit OCD and I won't be able to do a darn thing to help in the process seeing as how I haven't been able to lift over 5 pounds for the last 8 months!!

When we moved into our little home almost 4 years ago, it was perfect for a newly married couple. 3 beds, 1 1/2 baths, a cute little kitchen and living room and a decent backyard. I still had a year and half of school left and once we were both settled in with good jobs we had planned on getting a bigger place, but for the time this little house was perfect for us. Enter the Lord's sense of humor and 5 months into marriage a positive pregnancy test (and I wouldn't do it any different). Our house was filled up with baby items and began to feel a little snug but still liveable. Fast forward two years and another positive pregnancy test and the house began to burst at the seems with STUFF!! House hold items that we needed everywhere. We don't have an attic and very little storage in the house so as you can imagine i've had to be creative as to where we store it all.

Brody decided that we should look into moving or adding on. After looking at house to no avail we decided to add a room on. It's important to us that we have a guest/office since my parents are 2 1/2 hrs away. We LOVE for them to stay with us instead of a hotel when they visit and that wasn't possible unless we added the room on. Two contractors later we had a decent price and floor plan drawn up and we were getting ready to move forward, however, we weren't quite at peace with the decision so we waited, and waited and waited. Weeks turned to months and we still hadn't made a move, and then Brody found a house. It was in our price range, offered all we wanted/needed, and ready to be purchased. We went and looked at it, prayed about it and two weeks later signed the contract. We close on it in two weeks and then the painting and a few updates begin so we can get moved in the first week
of May before this angel arrives.

I've been just a touch over whelmed and uneasy about the whole process, part of that is just me, feeling out of control, like I'm not handling anything at all. The other part I know is emotions and hormones are running high around here right now.

Here is our new little house!

All our hard work in Wade's new room and the nursery for nothing. While I was excited that their rooms were beginning to take shape, there were a few things in both rooms I wish we had done differently and now we can. The house is in great shape, just not the colors I want it to be and to me putting a little color on the wall and adding your own decorative touch is was makes a house a home, so my dear sweet hubby, brother and parents plan to start taping and painting the night we close and hopefully we will be done by the end of the week. Then a contractor is coming to install all new doors, paint the base boards and trim, and do a few other projects for us.

My sweet Momma has promised me she wouldn't leave until we have every box unpacked and put away and all my decorations and wall hangings are up. I've been such a wreck about the whole thing the last few weeks but I'm starting to get excited. Not only are we going to have more room and the space for my parents to stay when they come to visit, but I will get to spend at least two full weeks with my mom painting, decorating, organizing and just spending some quality one on one time with her. I've missed her so much! I swear she and I share a brain and think exactly alike so I won't be worried about over seeing how she organizes and decorates for me, I trust her and know it will be great!

SO.....that's that. We have a busy month ahead of us. My whole family will be at our house this weekend for Easter along with Brody's family, my mom, sister, grandmas, and aunt will be her next weekend for Pyper's shower, and we close on the house the following Monday and begin that whole process. As if this pregnancy wasn't flying by fast enough, with all this month holds I know I'll look up and May will be here and so will our Princess. It's amazing how the Lord works and where he places you. We've been praying for him to guide and lead us in the place that we needed to be to best serve Him and for now this is what we feel is best for us.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading it all. Congratulations on the new home, how exciting, and perfect that your mom can be here to help you get renovated, moved and settled in. You are correct, it will go very quickly, especially if you give yourself permission to enjoy the chaos.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Hi Loren! What a cute blog you have!! The letters on Natalie's sign are from Urban Outfitters and then her mom just put them on a board covered in brown fabric. Hope that helps =) It was SO SO cute!!