Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was so much fun and did my heart so much good!! The weekend started out with my sister pulling into town Friday about lunch time. Wade and I hung out with her all afternoon and when Brody got home from work we all loaded up and went to our Good Friday service at church. To say I enjoy the Good Friday service sounds wrong but it always does my heart good to be reminded of the sacrifice our Father made for each and everyone of us.

Saturday morning we were all up bright and early getting things done around the house before my parents pulled into town. Mom and Dad got here about 11:
30 and the boys and girls split up. Dad and Brody so sweetly offered to take Wade with them to run errands and get the cooker to allow my Mom and Lakin and I to have some girl time. I can not even begin to tell you how much that girl time was needed. We went to our favorite little spot for lunch, shopped around some cute little stores, shopped for Pyper and literally laughed until we couldn't laugh anymore. I finally had to tell them to stop making me laugh, Pyper was getting a little angry with me.

That evening we prepared as much of the food as we cou
ld for Sunday lunch. The boys stayed outside cooking the ribs and Mom (mainly Mom) and I worked on the potato salad, beans and dessert. After we got everything prepared Grammy and Poppy took Wade outside to plant their lollipop garden. My parents have been waiting to do this with Wade since I was pregnant with him!! This was the first year he was old enough to begin the littlee tradition. Mom gave him a bottle of red sugar and they sprinkled it all in the ground, raked it, and watered it in. He thought it was fun but I'm sure he was wondering what on earth we were doing haha.

Sunday morning we all got up and had coffee and breakfast. When Wade finally woke up Grammy and Poppy took him out to see if their garden grew! His face was priceless when he saw all the lollipops and Easter egg gum. He had fun gathering it all up
and bringing it in. When we got back inside he saw that the Easter bunny had been there and left him a surprise in his Easter basket. Then Grammy and Poppy gave him his Easter gift. We all got ready and rushed out the door to church. The service was awesome and it was so nice to all be together.

After church we returned home to get the big meal together. Brody and my Dad and brother got busy outside and Mom and Lakin and I sat up everything on the back porch. Brody's sweet parents and sister and brother-in-law got there and we all celebrated together (and ate WAY too much)! The kids got to hunt Easter eggs in the yard and then everyone went their own way to take naps.

It was the perfect weekend! We had such a fun time! I'm excited to see Mom and Lakin again next weekend for Pyper's shower!

0 comments: