Monday, May 21, 2012

Tomorrow we go from a family of three to four!

Well, tomorrow is the big day!! Our sweet baby girl will make her arrival sometime tomorrow afternoon. In some ways I can hardly believe it's already here, in others I didn't think the day would ever get here. 

She obviously has not made an appearance before our scheduled induction date and as many of you know I was pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. For one thing, I wanted her to have plenty of time to finish growing and developing and to come on her own, but also, I know a lot of inductions can end in a c-section if baby and mommy aren't ready to delivery, something I also want to avoid as I've already had an easy vaginal delivery the first go around. However, I really started praying for the Lord to show me what he had in store for us and for his timing and plan to prevail. Needless to say, I've started to feel at peace with this decision over the past week and weekend. For one, I had a REALLY fast delivery with Wade, we're talking a little less than 4 hours from start to finish, so I was worried that my parents probably wouldn't make the trip in time for her arrival. Now, they will be here this evening and be able to help us out with Wade and be apart of the day. 

Big Brother Practicing for his baby sister's arrival!


We had our last OB appointment this morning to make sure that Miss Pyper was still in head down position and to see if my cervix was soft enough on it's own or if I needed to go in for the cervical gel tonight. Dr. K said everything looked good, she was looking good and I am dilated to a 3 and my cervix was plenty soft and very ideal for delivery. He also let us know that her fluid level was getting low, reassuring him and us that we were doing the right thing in intervening and delivering tomorrow. He said it usually means one of two things, 1. my water broke and I didn't know it (highly unlikely), or 2. The placenta is getting tired and not supplying like it should. He felt sure it was the second, which means over the next two weeks she probably wouldn't grow a whole lot more due to the fact that my placenta is slowing down. With all this information I felt even more at peace with our decision, at this point, the best thing for her is to be on the outside with her family instead of another week or two in my tummy.  
Fun at Mr. Gatti's with Mommy and Daddy!

The plus side to being induced is having the ability to be totally prepared. Brody and I took Wade to Mr. Gatti's Friday night for pizza and some fun game time. We really wanted to do as much with him as we could this past weekend. Saturday night, Brody's mom took him to see the Wizard Of Oz that the high school theater group was putting on, so Brody and I rented a movie and ordered in and had a nice date night at home. Sunday, was spent doing last minute moving stuff around here and a nice family evening. 
Pooped after a weekend of fun!

Today, I've run lots of errands and done several things around the house to prepare for tomorrow. I hired Brody's Mom's sweet cleaning lady to come and clean and disinfect the house really well this morning since Wade had the stomach bug last week. I've done all the laundry, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, changed all the sheets, emptied all the trash, washed, vacuumed and gassed up the car, installed the carseat, loaded Pyper's bag and Wade's gift from Pyper in the car, charged the camera up, and stocked up on groceries. The rest of the afternoon will be spent with my little man until my family arrives this evening. 


Tonight, we'll all go out for dinner and enjoy all being together. Brody and I have to be dressed and ready to go by 5:00 AM tomorrow morning. I'm #2 on the induction list so we'll probably get things going around 5:30 or 6. My sweet parents will get BIG BROTHER all ready in the morning and take him to the babysitter's until sister makes her arrival. 


Prayers for a smooth, easy vaginal delivery and a healthy baby girl and momma are greatly appreciated. We absolutely can not wait for our new addition. 


I'll be back with pictures soon!

3 comments:

Mateya said...

Good luck! Praying for a quick and easy delivery! Jealous you'll be meeting your sweet girl so soon :)

LC said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful Pyper:) Praying for an easy delivery and healthy baby!

Katie said...

LOREN! You're having a baby RIGHT now! :) I can't wait to see her sweet face! Prayers for a safe delivery for mama & baby.