Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day and a Pyper Update

I had an awesome Mother's day yesterday! It was low key and and relaxing, just what I had hoped for. 

We got up Sunday morning and I made a yummy breakfast casserole and we just lounged around and ate. Then it was time to head off to church. Brody and I were so excited to finally go to church. We've missed the last three weeks due to life. The first two weekends we missed due to us moving and working, and last weekend we missed because Mr. Wade had tonsillitis and double ear infections. Needless to say, we were so excited to finally get there and worship with our church family! Have I mentioned our church rocks! We love our awesome church family and the support system that they provide. 

He was showing me his new dinosaur shirt!
After church we headed over to Brody's parent's house for lunch with the whole family. Wade enjoyed running around with his cousins and we enjoyed a delicious lunch and lovely company. After the sweet boys cleaned up we loaded back up and came home. Thankfully, Wade was worn out and willingly laid down for a nap. Brody and I decided we were equally tired and needed a nap to. Well, I think exhausted is the word I should be using, we ended up taking a 3 1/2 hour nap. It was heavenly. 

Loved spending the day with this sweet boy!
We ended the evening with a long walk around the neighborhood and a hodge podge supper. It was so nice to spend the day with my boys. I was constantly reminded of house blessed and lucky I am to be Wade's mother and soon Pyper's. The Lord is oh so good!

Pyper Update

I had an appointment this afternoon with my OB. I was really hoping to have made some sort of progress, unfortunately I had not. I'm still at a 2. Dr. K said all looks great with Pyper and she is growing as planned. He did stress some concern about me going much longer. He said with my small frame and build he really doesn't want me to have a big baby. I asked if he would just strip my membranes today and he said he wanted to wait until next Monday. He then informed me that I'm on the books to be induced next Tuesday. Needless to say, I left very overwhelmed and in tears. I have said all along I DON'T want to be induced. I just feel like it's a much harder labor than it happening naturally, plus, there is just something about the surprise of going into labor and the unexpected. 


I'm also torn because I don't want to have her if she isn't ready. I want her to be able to grow as long as she needs. I know God already has her birthday planned and he knows exactly what needs to happen. I see Dr. K again on Monday and he will strip my membranes then. I'm just praying she comes on her own sometime this week. From the sonograms we know she is a good size and she has had the steroid shots for her lungs two weeks ago and we are FULL TERM tomorrow whoo hoo! Hopefully, she will decide to grace us with her presents soon. If not I have a big decision to make by Monday afternoon. Praying that the Lord's timing will prevail!

1 comments:

LC said...

Praying that you don't need to be induced! Can't wait to see her though:)