Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wade's Big Boy Room

About three weeks ago we got Wade's big boy room all set up and him moved into it. I'm not sure who was more excited Wade or I. After the drawn out couple of week looking for furniture I was just relieved we were finally moving on it. However, when we got it all set up and started putting the bedding on and setting the decor out this momma totally sat down in the floor and bawled about how big her baby boy was. Let me just say, painting the nursery AND moving your first born to his new room was a little over whelming for the emotional pregnant momma.

The tears were gone when we saw how much he loved it though. He walked in, looked around, went to the nursery, went back to his new room and stripp
ed all his clothes off and crawled in bed as if to say "this is awesome!" I had a hard time getting him out of it!!! So with out further ado, here is his new room. There are still a few things that need to be done, my talented aunt will be here next month to paint his name real cute over the bed too!!
There is now a clock above the night stand and lamp. And like i said, his name will be painted cute and outdoorsy over his bed soon. We loved all the storage his dresser had to offer, it's not even full yet which makes me so happy!!

This isn't the best picture but it will have to do. To the left of the window is his art board that proudly displays all his cute artwork, of course he's toy buckets are underneath that, and then his chest of drawers to the right.
These are the decorations that sit on top of the chest of drawers. Yes, this is the picture that came in that frame, we are waiting to get a good one of him and sister together!
And this is one of my favorite Mary Engelbreit drawings. It says, Thank God for small favors. It hangs to the right of the chest of drawers.

1 comments:

Sally said...

The room looks terrific! I look forward to seeing what your aunt does with his name above the bed. I totally understand the waterworks. It's all I can do not to sit on Logan's empty bed and weep for missing him. It's tough being a momma.