Wednesday, January 25, 2012

21 Weeks

How far along: 21 weeks

Size of baby: According to thebump.com Pyper is the size of a large banana! She is about 10.5 inches long and weighs about 12.2 ounces! Getting closer to a pound.

Total weight gain: 9 lbs so far.

Gender: IT'S A GIRL!!!! Pyper Grace

Movement: Feeling more and more movement each day especially after I eat and when I lay down or recline in the recliner.

Sleep: Still getting up 2 or 3 times a night to use the bathroom but can usually fall right back to sleep. A pillow between the knees has really helped me to get comfortable!

What I miss: Nothing!

Cravings: Still fruit, salads and fruit smoothies and broccoli cheese soup.


Symptoms: Some lower back pains and shortness of breath every now and then. Also, this past weekend we had a pretty busy weekend and Sunday night I was feeling some slight pain and very tired. I kept my feet up all day Monday but was still pretty uncomfortable standing. I called my doctor and they said with my history I need to take it extra easy and stay off my feet as much as I can. They said to consider myself on moderate bed rest. Considering my past I wasn't too surprised. 20 to 30 weeks is a very crucial stage in pregnancy so i'll be resting more than I have been. I'm just thankful I already have a strong cerclage!

Maternity clothes: Still just the belly band with my regular pants and mostly regular tops.

Best moment this week: Getting the rest of the fabric for her bedding and having it sent off to be made!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

SO CUTE!!! I'm glad things are going well so far. Hope you have been able to get some rest this week! I'm sure that's hard with an active little boy ;)

Loren said...

Thanks! I've tried to rest as much as I can. Yes, Wade keeps me pretty busy but I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Sally said...

Your looking good! Keep your feet up and enjoy the rest.