Friday, February 24, 2012

Homesick

This morning I woke up feeling homesick. What's funny is that I haven't lived around the Abilene area for the last 6 years but I still think of it as my home. I've had my own home with my own little family for the last 4 years, but there is something about my parent's home and Abilene that will always be home to me. Now, some of you may be thinking, why not get in the car and go? I would in a heartbeat, especially since Wade has told me all week long that we WERE going to his Grammy and Poppy's house but, I can't travel anymore. The last weekend we went home it was just too hard on me being in the car and I always do too much when I go. I came back home and lived in the recliner for the next two days trying to take some of the pressure off of my cervix. So, I guess I'll just have to keep missing home until June sometime. Just in time for the nice HOT weather!!

Here are just a few of the people/things I'm missing and woul
d love to see!!

I'm ready to hang out with these to WONDERFUL people! We've seen my mom a few times in the last month or two but my Dad has been so busy with work we haven't seen him. AND, when my mom was here it was to work on things, we are ready to hang out with them without an agenda!!
Next, I would stop in to see my Great Grandmother (left) and my Grandma (right). My grandmother is 90, YES 90! And she still gets around and loves to play games, and my Grandma will be 87 in September and this special lady still drives herself to Hobbs to visit her sister, plays bridge twice a week and goes out with friends, not t
o mention she loves to whip up on you when playing games!
Then we'd swing on over to these two cuties. My other sweet grandparents. Papa always has a good story to tell and Gran is always waiting with a coke and something to eat.

Next, I would drive on over to see my fun loving, crazy aunt Christie! This lady knows how to have a good time! Get her, and my Dad together and you've got a party!! Then I would want to head on over to this placewith this pretty lady!! My BFF from high school and I LOVE us some Casa Herrera!! Pyper and I sure have been craving some of their yummy Mexican food and a long girls day with my sweet friend!
And lastly, I would LOVE to go to the delicious place with my handsome hubby for a hot date! If you've never been out to Perini Ranch in Buffalo Gap you must make it a point to go sometime. Wonderful prime rib, jalapeno poppers, green beans, hominy casserole, and the best bread pudding with a bourbon sauce for dessert. Yes, this pregnant lady's mouth is watering.

As much as I want to be there, I know staying here for this sweet baby girl to grow is the right thing to do. I'll see ya in June Abilene!

3 comments:

J. Page said...

Well now you just made me homesick and I was just there last week! LOVED this post- thanks for sharing!! Btw, I am thrilled for you and adore the name- One of my favs!

Loren said...

Haha well at least you've been recently! We were sad we couldn't make it for the smorgasbord! Hope y'all are doing good!! Thanks, we are pretty fond of the name too! :)

Sally said...

You've made me hungry. I think David and I need to take a food trip through your part of the country.