Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Furniture Feud

For the last two weeks Brody and I have worked hard trying to decide/agree on big boy furniture for Wade's new room! Now let me just tell you a little bit about Brody and I. It is by the grace of God that our marriage works. That saying opposites attract is so true! Now, our family background is A LOT a like, we were both raised very similar to each other, when I say we are different I guess I mainly mean in style. Now thankfully, I've proven myself to him in our nearly four years of marriage and he has come to see the things I can do when it comes to the house, but the one thing we have never agreed on is furniture. We got a new bedroom set when we got married and lets just say it was amazing we went through with the wedding after that battle. YES, I know how silly this sounds, we find ourselves saying that during the argument, none the less we have a hard time agreeing.

Two weeks ago we decided to drop Wade off at his Grandparents house so we could go on a "furniture date." After four different furniture stores we had come to an agreement on something, but before we stopped back in to order Brody wanted to look at one last place to make sure we weren't missing something, well wouldn't you know he found something cheaper and that HE loved, Momma not so much. When it comes to furniture I think you get what you pay for, given that it was so much cheaper, it looked cheap, which usually means it won't hold up, thus my reasons for not liking it. Keep in mind we are buying something that is going to get him through high school even. We kept the day pleasant and joked about how of course I didn't like it and he did and left it at that. As the week went on, we both knew we needed to decide on something as they would have to order and it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get here, postponing setting up his new room and the nursery. After much frustration and arguing Brody decide to bribe me with a new recliner (ours is so nasty)! Though that was NOT what I wanted to do, gave in to stop the arguing and get the stuff ordered!!!

SOOOO......this past Saturday, we wondered into a different furniture store that we had not yet been to, to find Momma a recliner. The sweetest sales man meet us at the door and pointed us to some lovely chairs. I happened to mention that we were not agreeing on Wade's furniture and he pointed us to three great bedroom suites. GUESS WHAT?? Brody and I found one we BOTH LOVED and it was on sale!!! I told Brody that since it was still a little more than the other we could forget about the chair, but he was so happy that we agreed and both got something we liked and bought me a chair anyway! Sweet hubby! Even better, they had the suite in stock and it will be here Tuesday!!

My sweet Momma will be here Monday to help me paint both rooms and get the furniture arranged and set up!! Pictures of the new furniture and big boy room to come next week!!! :)

1 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, a Christmas miracle in February. Does that make it a Valentine's Day miracle? Looking forward to seeing the pics.