Monday, June 18, 2012

A week at Grammy and Poppy's

Last week Brody had a training for work in North Carolina so rather than stay at home by myself all week, the kids and I loaded up and drove to my parents house! I was SO EXCITED to go home since my doctor wouldn't let me travel after the first of January. 

This was Pyper's first road trip and she did awesome! We left on Sunday after a feeding and she slept the whole way down there. She was awake more on the trip home but fussed very little. 

My parents starting remodeling their kitchen in March so not only were we anxious to see them but I was so excited to see their beautiful new kitchen, and beautiful it was!!!

Our week was jam packed full of fun and relaxation. Wade is obsessed with trains right now. He's been into Thomas the train for quite some time now but when we moved he discovered that their is a train that runs behind our house sometimes and he is all about real trains and he LIVES to hear that train whistle. We usually have to drive once a day and try to find the train and get it to whistle for him. Anyway, that's all he could tell my Dad about was the train, so Dad decided it would be fun to take him to Abilene and by him an electric train. That little boy looked like a kid on Christmas morning when he and my Dad got it all set up! It kept him busy for hours each day. 

Loving on his Poppy and telling him Thank you!
Happy Boy and his Poppy!
Working on setting it up!
Almost ready to play with
Tuesday, we spent the day relaxing and visiting with my grandparents! Mom spoiled me rotten and cooked my favorite meal and dessert too!

Wednesday, we loaded the kids up and headed out to Wichita Falls to see my sister. She moved to a cute house while I was pregnant so I had yet to see it too. We ate at a cute little bakery and spent the afternoon hitting all the cute shops.  

Princess relaxing a Grammy's
Thursday, my brother and his girlfriend arrived and we all went to Albany to eat mexican food and catch up with them. Wade was so excited to see his uncle Brant. He was so excited that he woke uncle Brant up first Friday morning. Being the sweet brother that he is he new I'd been up with Pyper during the night and he played with Wade all morning and let me sleep until 10. It was glorious. 


Friday night Brody arrived late. Wade was so excited to see his Daddy! And Brody was excited to see him and Pyper, and me too i suppose haha!


We all had a lazy Saturday morning and Mom cooked us lunch and then we started are trek back home. We had so much fun being with Grammy and Poppy and they certainly spoiled us rotten! I think I gained a good 5 lbs after all the wonderful food they fed us!! 





Grammy loving on her girl!




I once again cried half the way home after hanging out with my Mom for a week. Yes, I'm 24 and haven't lived at home or close to home for the past 6 years but I still wish I did and it's never easy driving off, specially with your little boy asking for his Grammy on the ride home. Maybe one day we will live even closer. Thanks for a great week Grammy and Pop!

2 comments:

Sally said...

What a wonderful week. It is hard to drive away from a week of pampering by those who love you. David has returned from
Alaska (and brought me home TWO t-shirts!) but when the next opportunity for me to come by arises I'll give a shout out.

Katie said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who cries most of the way home after leaving home-home!! Haha, my poor husband. I keep thinking I'll stop that, but I haven't yet.

Glad y'all got to have a fun weekend with your family! :) It's such a blessing to have amazing parents who will always welcome you with wide-open arms...especially now that you bring them babies too!