Tuesday, December 6, 2011

14 Weeks! Hello 2nd trimester!!! And my cerclage

How far along: 14 weeks


Size of baby: According to thebump.com baby is the size of a lemon! Baby is about 3.4 inches and according to our sonogram a few weeks ago baby was weighing in at about 2 ounces, so I'm guessing probably 3 now. (starting to grow)

Total weight gain: 0 lbs so far. I had gained 1 pound but when I went to the doctor Monday I had lost 1.5 lbs. Not sure what that is about. With Wade i put the pounds on pretty quickly so this is a nice but strange change for me.

Gender: Don't know yet. We had one sono tech make a guess last week on the 4D sonogram and then my doctor on Monday guessed the other way. Haha clearly it's just still too early. However, we knew with wade for sure at 14 weeks. We have another 4D on Friday so maybe they'll get another good look. I think I may be leaning towards boy still.

Movement: Still nothing yet. I can't wait though, there is nothing like the feeling of your sweet baby moving around in there!

Sleep: Sleep is still not an issue!

What I miss: Nothing.

Cravings: I wanted watermelon this last week. Brody has really had to stay on me though, I haven't been hungry really. Brody keeps quizzing me throughout the day wanting to know what and how much I have eaten. Needless today say, hungry or not I AM eating for this sweet pumpkin!


Symptoms: Headaches late in the evening, otherwise I feel awesome!

Maternity clothes: None yet, however, I have busted out the belly band for one pair of pants.

Best moment this week: Seeing our sweet baby on Monday and this coming Friday! (Wade saw mom take a picture and he needed in on one too!)

The cerclage went good last Friday. I'm just thanking our good Lord that it's over and all is well. I didn't realize just HOW nervous I was about it until Thursday night. My parents were suppose to come Thursday and spend the weekend with us to help out with Mr. Wade and dinner but my Mom called Thursday morning and she and my Dad both had strep throat SO...Thursday evening, my wonderful in-laws kept Wade at their house.

Friday morning Brody and I got up at 5:30 to get ready to go. I don't know if it was the stress of it all or what but I happened to look down and saw that I was spotting a little, not much but any is scary when you're pregnant. I began to cry and told Brody to hurry up and get ready, I just wanted to get to the Labor and Delivery floor and get checked in so we could hear that sweet heartbeat. As soon as we got there they began to prep me and I immediately explained I had had some spotting. The nurse got the heartbeat doppler out and quickly found our angels heartbeat, strong and steady at 157. Minus getting the IV (The lady blew a valve and had to start all over) everything else went very smooth. I got an epidural so I was actually awake for the surgery. I requested the BEST anesthesiologist ( he gave me my epidural with Wade) and he got the epidural in quickly, he's so good I actually said "That was it?" and then he and a sweet nurse sat by me and kept me busy talking! I was so glad when my doctor said "All done! Two strong stitches in!" I've been down all weekend and have to tried to stay off my feet as much as I can this week. God is so good and I'm so thankful that He had my sweet pumpkin and myself in his arms Friday and always!

3 comments:

Katie said...

So thankful everything went well with the procedure! How lucky you are to get to see the babe all the time :)

Loren said...

Thanks Katie! We are thankful beyond words that all went well. Well, I have said there has to be a positive in a bad situation, seeing this sweet baby all the time is for sure our positive!!! :)

Katie said...

Definitely! I'm sure it provides you with a lot of peace of mind :) So thankful God has his hand over that little girl/boy! And mommy, of course!!