Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Zoo


This past weekend, the kids and I loaded up after school on Friday and headed out to my parents. Life has just been crazy around our neck of the woods, so we were looking forward to just having a little fun. That's easy to do at Grammy and Pop's house. I had promised Wade we would go to the Zoo before it got to cold so that was on our agenda. Also, my aunt and uncle and cousins that I haven't seen in four years, yes your read that right, FOUR YEARS, were going to be in town. 
Baths at Grammy and Pop's are always better!

We got up Saturday morning to head to Abilene only to wake up to one of the rainiest days I have seen in a long time. I didn't know how I was going to break it to Wade that the Zoo wasn't going to happen, we had hyped it up all week. We went ahead and made the drive and ate lunch and ran a few errands. After a while Wade started talking about how excited he was to see the monkeys, dinosaurs, dragons and lions. Yes he thought he was going to see dinosaurs and dragons!! Dad couldn't stand to disappoint him so we paraded around the Zoo in the RAIN!!! It actually turned out to be awesome! There were a lot of animals out enjoying the cool weather! We didn't get to see everything, but we saw enough that he is STILL talking about the Zoo. Needless to say, we are going to try to go back on a pretty day in a few weeks!!
Getting ready to walk around in the rain!

0 comments: