Monday, October 1, 2012

Pyper is 4 Months

Pyper Grace, on September 22nd your turned four months old. How is the time moving so quickly. I was bathing you tonight and I just couldn't believe how big you look!

At four months you weight 12 lbs 13 ounces and you are 25.6 inches long. You are in the 45th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height. You had your four month well check last Tuesday and Dr. G said you looked awesome! Growing right on track.  You were a trooper getting your shots. You cried for just a second and then you went to sleep. Dr. G said we could start giving you cereal and once you got use to the spoon start adding vegetables. I just don't know how I feel about that. It seems like once we started baby food with your brother time just speed up even faster. I went ahead and let you try it. You thought it was OK but nothing to rave about. I may let you try some oatmeal cereal and see how you feel about it but we are by no means in a rush. We'll get you going when your ready. For now you are eating 4-6 ounces of formula every 4-5 hrs.

Just waiting for those yucky shots.

You have already started the 4 month wake period. Your brother did this too. Right at 4 months you started waking up twice a night again. I know it's just that big growth spurt. You eat a bottle each time you wake and then go right back to sleep. I know this too shall pass all too soon, so rather than complain about having to get back up twice a night, I'm enjoying rocking and loving on you in your big fluffy, comfy chair under your chandelier at all hours of the night.
Trying cereal for the first time.

You are SO CLOSE to rolling over. You get your shoulders completely turned over and your hips are almost there, if you ever figure out that you need to swing them on around you will have it. You lay on your play mat and pull on all your toys trying so hard to roll over. When you can't your squeal in frustration.  You will do it in the coming weeks I'm sure of it. 
You and I love to shop at Target!

You are still in LOVE with your brother. I love to look in the review mirror while i'm driving. 9 times out of 10 Wade is holding your hand. So many days he burst out in laughter because he says your smiling at him. If you are crying because you are tired and we are in the car, Wade just reaches out to hold your hand and you fall asleep at his touch. He is quick to comfort you and loves to lay on the floor and try to make you laugh. You don't care what he's doing, you just love to watch him. 

You LOVE bath time. You kick and splash and smile the whole time. You don't mind getting your face wet and you love to have your hair shampooed. You are always so relaxed when you get out.
Just hanging out with Brother.


You are finally sleeping in your room :/. It was a bittersweet day. I knew it was time though. You started waking up a lot because the bouncer or swing was getting uncomfortable. One night I just decided it was time and after you had fallen asleep in my arms I laid you down in your bed. You do great in there. It makes me feel better knowing Wade is right across the hall. 

You love to sit in your bumbo. I can tell you feel so big when you sit in it. You like to see the world from an up right perspective. You will sit and hold a rattle and a few other toys for a while. When your ready to get out you cry a little and I know your done. 

So proud of herself.

I can not believe four short months have already passed. We all love to see your precious smile and hear that beautiful laugh. You are still the most laid back, easiest baby. You just go with the flow and your such a trooper about traveling. I crawl in bed each night and tell your Daddy how blessed I am by you and your sweet big brother. I'm so thankful God allowed me to raise you through this crazy, beautiful life of ours. I already know your going to do great things one day. I just pray whatever it is you choose, that you let the Lord guide you and shine through you each and every day of your life. 






Pyper girl we love you so much. Thank you for being our beautiful ray of sunshine in the morning. Your sweet smile is what I get out of bed for each morning. You get my day started on the right foot. We are so proud of you! Happy four months baby girl. Mommy loves you!

3 comments:

LC said...

What a sweet girl!!! I can't believe how fast they grow...everyone always told me that before I had my Piper but you just don't get it until you have your own.

Sally said...

Life is good! Children are such a blessing. I was able to grab 1.5 hours with Logan on a lay over in Austin on Monday. I was tired, and so happy to see him I bawled! Embarassingly so, I'm sure, but he held me, patted my back and let me cling and weep. Life is indeed good.

Loren said...

LC, yes, it is SO TRUE! I didn't believe it until I had my little Wade. Not so little anymore, he just told me he needed to get in bed so he could go to his big boy school tomorrow :(.

Sally, that just makes me cry. I know all to well that this will be me before I even have time to blink. I'm glad you go to see him, even if it was just a little bit! Lets catch up soon! Miss you!