Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Where Did Summer Go?

WARNING: This post is completely random but it's things I want to remember for myself. 

Where on earth did the Summer go? I feel like school just got out and I was having a baby. Now I'm busy getting my classroom together and getting ready to start the school year for good next week! YIKES! That is CRAZY! We have a big month ahead of us! My baby boy turns 3 on the 30th and school starts the 27th. I had three days of new teacher orientation this week and then Monday is first actual day we get started! Below are a few pictures of my classroom!! I've been working hard to get it ready!!

First grade is a hoot!!

It's HOT

I LOVE Mary Engelbreit!


Our school theme is Dr. Seuss this year!
 We have been trying to soak up these last precious days off! Last week the kids and I went to my parents for one last LONG visit! When school starts our trips will be few and far between and VERY SHORT!

Last Friday we went to my Aunt Christie's house to celebrate her birthday and swim! Wade got to help Grammy make her birthday cake which he LOVED! Pyper girl watched closely to see how it's done, she is preparing to lick those beaters too some day!
He loves to use the mixer!

Licking the beaters!



Wade, Me and Aunt Lakin!


relaxing with Poppy!

This Thursday, Brody and I will celebrate 4 years of wedded bliss together. We have only been out on one date since Miss Pyper joined our family, so we are going to let the kids spend the night with Grammy and Poppy and we are headed to Abilene for a WHOLE night of just the two of us. We are so excited to catch up and baby our relationship for a night! 

This week hasn't been to hard leaving the kids! My sister kept them Monday and then Brody's mom had them today and will keep them tomorrow! My training has been 2 blocks from our house so I've been able to run home for an hour and a half for lunch and I'm home by 3! Next week will not be the case, they will actually start their new daycare on my campus. You would think having left Wade before it would be easier dropping them both off but I know it won't be. With a new daycare comes new worries. Will he make friends quickly and easily, will he love his new teacher as much as he has loved Miss Aaron for the last almost 3 yrs. Will Pyper just think I've abandoned her? Will she still love me and be anxious to see me and enjoy our snuggle time. 
 

Truth is, I know my children will be fine, my niece and nephew go to the same daycare and love it there. I know I'm doing the worrying for them, that's my job and right as a mother I suppose. Even knowing that they will be fine, I dread the whole process. However, I am thankful that I have a job that can help provide for my family and save for my children's college funds!  
 
Wade is doing so awesome since having his surgery! He still has a typical 3 yr old melt down every now and then, but for the most part he is a MUCH happier kid! His appetite has really increased too!! Which I'm loving!! He has been a really picky eater this past year and that has seemed to changed since getting rid of those HUGE tonsils. 
Headed for an evening walk!


Pyper is growing so fast and doing so many new things each day. Her little smile and coos melt my heart. I love that she is a Momma's girl right now. My favorite time of the day is about 6:30 am after her bottle. I lay her in bed with us and she snuggles up and falls back to sleep for a few more hours. I love that she nuzzles up to my neck.
My sweet Pyper girl!
Snuggling in Mommy's bed!


We have a lot happening right now. I am a routine person so I'm just ready to get the first few weeks out of the way so we can all fall into a groove and know what to expect. We have a big few weeks ahead of us!!!  
Another evening walk!

2 comments:

LC said...

Oh goodness. I haven't checked in for awhile. Your Pyper is adorable!!!! And your classroom looks so fun!

Katie said...

Lots going on! Happy anniversary to you and Brody :) I'm glad y'all get to have a WHOLE date night.
As always, your babies are just precious! I hope they love their new daycare and teachers!