Tuesday, September 23, 2008

sleeping with the lights on


My wonderful Mr. Wright left Monday morning for a business trip. Thankfully it was a short one and he will be back tomorrow. So last night and tonight I find myself in our house all alone for the first time (since we've only been married a little over a month).


It's funny on nights I beat Mr. Wright home I have no fears. Get home start supper, shower, begin homework, play on computer, catch nightly shows or whatever it is I choose to do before he gets home and I do all these things with out fear, I hear nothing in the house and I can relax. BUT here is how last night went:


  • Get home and lock ALL doors

  • Double check to make sure they are locked

  • Feed dogs with big heavy flash light in hand (aka weapon)

  • Freak myself out so let dogs in

  • Dogs get bored and knock over water (outside they go)

  • Stay on computer as late as possible

  • Take QUICK bath

  • Ice maker scares the pee out of me

  • Clocks seem to tick EXTRA loud (never even noticed them before)

  • Bed

  • Get out of bed and double check locks

  • lay down (get scared)

  • Turn bathroom and living room light on

Yeah I know....your probably thinking what a WEENIE. I know I am. I've never been like this. I used to stay at home a lot by myself AND my roommate wasn't always home when we lived together. There is just something about sleeping next to a man that a girl gets use to. It feels safe, and comforting. Thank you Mr. Wright for keeping my nights safe and light less.


P.S. If i had a little inside dog to sleep with this ALL could have been avoided. HINT HINT Mr. Wright!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Friend! I know EXACTLY how you feel, unfortunately for me it hasn't gotten any better. Maybe I should have lent you Chloe....but then maybe you SHOULD have your own little ball of fur :o)

Ashley Brooke said...

That's funny...Russ left on Monday and just got back today. I get the SAME way too!! This house get's crazy scary when he's gone :) So no fear...you're normal...(well, that's coming from me so who knows!!) Oh, and I agree with a lil' dog. Mr. BoJangles is vicious ;)

Dangerruss said...

That is some funny stuff girl. Maybe we'll buy you a night light for Christmas.